Selected seminars, workshops and public speaking engagements
Keynote Speaker at the annual 2016 Travel Professionals of Color Annual National Conference held in April near Los Angeles, CA.
Speaker and host of mentoring sessions at “Women in Travel Summit”, a national women’s travel conference which was held in March 2016 near Los Angeles, CA.
Speaker at the annual Nomadness Travel Tribe Conference that was held in New York City in September 2016.
Women in Travel Summit
African American Travel Conference
Keynote Speaker at the annual 2015 African American Travel Conference, an association of 2,500 travel planners. It was held in April near Chicago, Illinois.
Travel Writing and Publishing Seminar in San Francisco, CA
Hosted by Dave Egger’s Writers Education Center/826 Valencia
and moderated by Don George, Global Travel Editor at Lonely Planet
- John Flinn, Former Executive Travel Editor of the San Francisco Chronicle
- Larry Habegger, Executive Editor of Travelers’ Tales
- Amanda Jones, freelance travel writer and photographer
- Elaine Lee, author of Go Girl
- Moderated by Don George, Global Travel Editor at Lonely Planet
“…Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & narrowmindedness.” Mark Twain
- Black Travel History/Black Travel Writing Lecture with Faith Adiele at Bay Area Travel Writers Symposium (2020)
- Globetrotting Workshop at the 33rd Annual Empowering Womxn of Color Conference at UC Berkeley (2018 & 2019)
- VONA, Voices of Our Nations Arts Foundation, Guest Lecturer (2014, 2016, 2019)
- Paycation Business Launch Event, Oakland, CA – Presenter (2015)
- Bloom Literary Salon at Laurel Books, Oakland, CA, Presenter (2015)
- Global Fund for Women Literary Benefit (2005)
- Wild Writing Women’s travel writing salon (2005)
- Opening Address for National Black Travel Writers Symposium
(Howard University, 2003)
- Marin Writer’s Association (2003)
- Chicago Black Expo (2000)
- SoulofAmerica.com – Presenter at a Travel Writing Seminar on a Carnaval Caribbean Cruise (2002)
Feedback from seminar organizer
“Your anecdotes and advice were so helpful for everyone. From the vibe in the room as well as the written feedback I received, it was clear that the attendees enjoyed themselves and learned a lot from the wisdom you had to share. Hopefully, you enjoyed the evening as much as the audience did. Thanks again for sharing your time and your talents.”
Happy travels,Leigh Lehman, Development Director, 826 Valencia (Dave Eggars Writing Center)
San Francisco, California