Interested in submitting an article, essay or poem to Ugogurl.com?
Thoughtful and moving commentaries, articles, short essays or poetry about your travel experiences are always welcome. We would prefer that it/they be written from a Black perspective or through an African or African-American lens.
Unfortunately, we don’t offer cash compensation for your contributions, but we can provide you with worldwide exposure!
Here are a few things to consider prior to submitting your travel story:
1. All submissions should be under 1,000 words. Author assigns www.ugogurl.com and its owners the right to publicly display and distribute electronically said submission(s), to use same for promotional purposes for www.ugogurl.com, and to maintain same in our archives with no limitation on duration. The work submitted will never be sold or used in any fashion other than for the enjoyment of our site visitors.
2. Please submit your work in plain text (not HTML) format within the body of an email message to email@example.com or complete the form below.
3. Please thoroughly proofread and spell-check your work before sending it to us. Editor and management of www.ugogurl.com reserve the right to edit any and all† submissions for clarity and/or brevity, and return them to you or your approval prior to publishing.
4. In spite of our broad flexibility, we do retain the final say-so about what goes onto the site. We provide no guarantees or assurances of publication. The editor reserves the right to reject without explanation any submission for any reason. (This probably doesn’t mean that your work wasn’t valued or appreciated, but most likely that we received several similar submissions.)
6) You can also Snail Mail your questions or stories to:
2348 Powell Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
Thank you for your interest. We are looking forward to receiving your submission(s)!